General Manager – Consumer Goods Packaging – Mebane, NCMarch 30, 2023 2023-03-30 13:50
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing facility to which s/he is assigned and has full responsibility for the plant’s profitability. The General Manager plans, guides, and directs the plant operations to achieve plant objectives in safety, quality, production output, delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Directs all aspects of the assigned facility’s operations, including purchasing, scheduling, manufacturing, warehousing, shipping/receiving, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Works to ensure that the facility’s financial goals are met, including monthly profitability and EBITDA targets.
- Develops annual budget which includes EBITDA, organizational, and capital requirements.
- Jointly develops a sales strategy.
- Works with the Plant Controller to ensure that the facility’s operational activities and tactical actions are executed so that the plant’s working capital is properly managed.
- Provides information to various corporate personnel in a timely manner, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and other ad hoc information requests.
- Frequently researches cost savings opportunities, leading and monitoring all progress in capturing savings opportunities.
- Oversees all employee management, while being a champion for safety at the facility.
- Enforces all company policies, including safety, production, quality, sales, human resources, customer service and accounting policies.
- Monitors the facility’s equipment needs and ensures that the technical team is working to keep the company’s equipment and physical facility are properly maintained.
- Understands the technical aspects of the facility’s manufacturing processes so as to provide support to departmental personnel.
- Constantly assesses the facility’s operational efficiencies and seeks out opportunities to improve processes in an economic manner.
- Oversees the hiring and training of facility personnel. Works with Human Resources to seek out ways to motivate and develop employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business.
- 15 years of progressive manufacturing experience, with at least 5 years of facility leadership experience.
- Experience in managing projects, preferably in the installation of new equipment and/or processes into a facility.
- Experience working for a company owned by a private equity/capital investment firm is preferred.
- Ability to quick develop an excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Job Category: Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mebane North Carolina