HR ManagerJuly 1, 2022 2022-07-01 11:59
Come work with Us.
Precision Concepts Canada (Formerly IntraPac Calgary) has an exciting opening for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team at our Calgary, Alberta facility.
For more than 30 years we have been a leading high-speed manufacturer of PET Plastic Bottles and containers. Our products & technology are used daily worldwide, and our customers are recognized brands leaders in a wide variety of markets.
This is a key facility-based leadership role that is responsible for the overall management & administration of the plant HR processes and systems as well as many of aspects of the plant safety programs. This role will also work to lead corporate HR and safety initiatives at the plant level.
The Human Resources Manager will work closely with the other members of the leadership team to develop and delivers on strategies for personnel management & labor relations issues, safety planning and training as well as recruiting, onboarding and payroll processing and will be a partner and change agent to drive and influence at all levels of the site. This role reports to the General Manager and is a part of the Site Leadership Team.
Your Work will include:
- Sponsoring and driving the ZERO Injury Safety culture across the operations team and proactively coaching and initiating projects and actions supporting the site initiatives.
- Providing oversight and guidance for production team leaders for the day-to-day personnel issues within the facility.
- Leading all recruitment and hiring campaigns for the facility by working closely with the management team to understand their needs and identify potential needs for staffing and recruitment.
- Processing Bi-Weekly payroll for all hourly and salary employees.
- Managing the overall onboarding process for new employees.
- Ensuring adherence to all local and federal labor laws and regulations, as well as company/facility policies.
- Fostering employee relations by engaging with our team on a regular basis, including time spent on our manufacturing floor.
- Leading additional HR related projects, training sessions, and events for the Calgary facility.
Who We are looking for:
Our ideal candidate will own the ZERO Injury Safety culture along with the Site Leadership Team. Our facility is a 24/7 operation, and the ability to work a flexible schedule to provide support in critical situations is essential.
The successful candidate will also bring the following skills, experience, and competencies to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education / experience and training. A current CPHR designation (or in progress of obtaining) is an asset.
- Strong understanding of Alberta employment laws and best practices as well as a thorough understanding of OH&S legislation and its application in the workplace.
- The ability to manage existing HR and Safety policies and keep them current and updated with local legislation. Able to draft new policies that meet the needs of the site as needed.
- Experience in full cycle recruitment and onboarding with a focus on continuously improving the overall employee experience at all stages of the employee life cycle.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment combined with a minimum of 3 years in a management / leadership role.
- Proven track-record of delivering results on short and long-term projects by demonstrating skills in planning, executing, and following through on tactical action items.
- Experience with administrating employee training and development activities based on the needs of the management team to ensure that staffing levels match operational requirements and business needs.
- Strong ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization and to handle and manage complex employee relations issues.
- Understanding of the core principles Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma and 6S Lean Manufacturing.
- Refined interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence with ease in all situations including across and vertically both internally and externally with stakeholders, customers, and vendors. A collaborative work style that understands the role of coaching and leading both by example and at the team level.
- An Intermediate skill level using standard business applications in Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) as well as an ability to work with various manufacturing software systems.
Why join us?
We are a small and talented team that is part of a fast-growing North American enterprise that is focused on success through a culture of safety, service, creativity, and efficiency. We value our customers, and in in turn they respect our quality and professionalism and consider us a supplier of choice. We are a business that values a respectful workplace and our employee’s ability to maintain a strong work/life balance,
We offer extended health and dental benefits and company matched RRSP / DPSP program and generous paid sick time after the first year of employment. Compensation for the role will be based on the successful candidate’s combination of skills and experience.
Our goal is to always build our team from the ground up. Many of our employees have been with the company for more than 20 years and are a key part of our continued success!
We look forward to hearing from applicants and we thank everyone for their time and interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.