Measuring TechnicianFebruary 20, 2023 2023-02-20 18:44
- Support Production, Tooling, Quality and Engineering as needed (i.e. Dimensional verification of mold revisions and/or repairs, gage repeatability & reliability, capability studies, design of experiments, etc.)
- Carry out necessary inspection needed for product and/or process validations.
- Perform first article inspections (new and existing molds).
- Function as resource for the interpretation of customer drawings, standard, criteria, GD&T as needed.
- Generate programs required for automated measurement on vision and/or CMM systems.
- Assist Engineering in the development criteria and measurement methods for new projects.
- Provide training on precision inspection equipment as appropriate.
- Serve as resource for the implementation of SPC techniques and participate in the implementation and training process.
- Assist with production metrology as needed.
- Assist Production and Process groups with the investigation of out-of-spec conditions and troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of injection molding process
- High level of critical thinking and problem-solving aptitude
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, which deliver information as well as clear positions on issues to be addressed and potential solutions.
- Computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs.
- Able to utilize precision instruments to inspect and identify defective parts.
- Zeiss CMM with Calypso software
- OGP Sprint RAM MVP 300 with touch probe, QC Calc software
- OGP Sprint RAM MVP 400 with touch probe, QC Calc software
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively with other functional areas.
- Ability to interact well with peers as well as management across cross-functional areas.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to read and interpret customer drawings.
Job Category: Quality
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mebane North Carolina