Operations Manager – Mebane, NCJune 21, 2022 2022-06-21 15:31
The Operations Manager has complete oversight for all production and the associated support systems. Reporting to this position is the Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, Production Supervisors, Process Technician Supervisor, and Tool Room Supervisor. The successful Operations Manager will foster positive teamwork between the production teams and the support teams. The production teams are required to perform manufacturing activities according to the established standard work. The support teams must ensure that the process is stable and capable of operating within the validated process window. Key metrics include safety, OEE (scrap, cycle time, and downtime), labor efficiency, first pass yield, and material usage variance.
- Ensure optimization of manufacturing so that the products are delivered exceeding customer quality expectations and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish goals, performance targets, and performance standards for manufacturing functions. Make performance visible on the floor.
- Develop processes and methods for creating and maintaining an organized, clean, high performance manufacturing facility.
- Oversee the site management of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, problem resolution, and the recommendation of personnel actions as needed.
- Motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance and ensure that career development plans are completed.
- Manage Company Assets effectively. All assets to remain in ‘as designed’ condition and modifications must follow revision control process.
- Implement process improvements to reduce manufacturing lead times.
- Monitor production reports to ensure achievement of financial, safety, and quality goals.
- Promote, monitor, and ensure a safe work environment while ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations.
- Direct problem-solving exercises and demonstrate problem solving tools.
- Build collaborative relationships with the other department managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable technical training.
- 10+ years injection molding experience with at least 5 in either healthcare or automotive
- 3+ years people leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Experience with cost estimating and financial analysis.
- Exceptional commercial skills / customer service orientation.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong positive collaborative working relationships with interdepartmental team members, gaining the trust and ability to influence the other team members in working together toward a common goal.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with a variety of audiences. Must be able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Strong leadership skills, including consensus building, openness to new ideas, and the ability to motivate.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to simplify complex ideas and processes.
- Detailed-oriented and organized, with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-through on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.