Plastic Project Engineer – Mebane, NCJanuary 24, 2022 2022-01-24 20:40
The Project Engineer is responsible for managing meeting budget and schedule for company projects. This includes new product launches from business award to production handoff, large continuous improvement efforts such as a six sigma project, and large engineering changes. This position works with all departments and the customer in order to properly scope the project, resource the project, and drive all activities to ensure milestones and deadlines are realized. Key Metrics include project on time completion, project budget adherence, customer satisfaction, and project team satisfaction surveys. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Manage large projects within a stage gate project management structure. Six sigma experience a plus.
- Working knowledge with injection molding process project management. Good understanding for injection molding requirements and risks.
- Experience in automated assembly processes.
- Working knowledge of project launch tools such as design review, validation master plan, pFMEA, control plan, DOEs, qualification protocols, and work instructions.
- Knowledge of basic statistical techniques.
- Technical understanding for manufacturing processes and workflow.
- Identify project risks that will jeopardize the project schedule or budget.
- Build strong relationships with customers/teammates/suppliers. This is critical for assessing risk and in collaborative follow through on action items.
- Direct contact for customer counterparts overseeing the project activity.
- Mentor and train teammates on strong project management skills and documentation.
- Capable for leading a Kaizen event. Good understanding for Value Stream Maps and production workflows.
- Maintain organized and detailed project files that allow easy reference for future engineers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Experience in customer relationship management.
- Bachelors degree in engineering required.
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing. Injection molding experience preferred.
- Creative Thinker.
- Capable of working on multiple projects at once
- Team builder capable of removing communication barriers between team members.
- Strong business ethics that prevent bending project requirements in order to meet a deadline.