Process Technician – Night Shift – Mebane, NCMay 4, 2023 2023-05-04 15:00
- Set up all scheduled production molds and machines to established process and ensure they are running to rate and defect free.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance on molds that are in production and document anything found out of the normal.
- Clean mold, machine platen, and any areas that are out of the normal scope.
- If production demands are high the Process Tech will support the operation in a mold setter function and will be required to pull and set up production tooling
- The Mold/Process Technician will perform appropriate trouble shooting and will be expected to fix defects with adjustments of the machine settings within established guidelines to keep the machine producing quality product.
- During the performing of the day-to-day duties the Mold Technician will be asked to perform material handling duties if needed and will also support the training of new material handlers as needed.
- This position will work closely with the maintenance department to ensure all issues with production machines are written up and the machinery is in safe operating condition.
- This position will work hand in hand with the Tool Room to make sure that all issues with part or tooling are addressed and slated for repair.
- Ensure the production floor is clean and all areas are free of clutter and in the assigned state of 5S.
- The Process Technician is required to work with the Quality Department and Operations representatives to solve any issues that arise during the shift.
- Develop new processes as molds are moved between presses to achieve the KPIV’s from the prior machine.
- Ability to read the schedule and determine if orders are going to finish and plan accordingly
- Ability to systematically trouble shoot a machine or mold that is having issues and it and get the needed resources from responsible department to the correct problem
- Ability to help train and develop talent in other departments, including the Mold Technicians, Mold Setters, and Material Handlers.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Plastics processing experience with a trouble shooting background
- Computer literacy
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime and support shifts as needed
- RJG Decoupled Molding Training (Sys 1, Master Molder 1)
- Basic Blueprint reading
- White Belt and Yellow Belt Training
Job Category: Manufacturing
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mebane North Carolina