Production Manager – Calgary, CanadaMay 6, 2022 2022-05-06 16:10
Come work with Us.
Precision Concepts Canada (Formerly IntraPac Calgary) has an exciting opening for an experienced Production Manager to join our team at our Calgary, Alberta facility.
For more than 30 years we have been a leading high-speed manufacturer of PET Plastic Bottles and containers. Our products & technology are used daily worldwide, and our customers are recognized brands leaders in a wide variety of markets.
This is a key facility-based leadership role that is responsible for the overall safe and efficient operations of the plant site production teams to ensure that our operations deliver quality product to our customers on time.
The Production Manager will work closely with the other members of the leadership team to develop and delivers on strategies for continuous improvement using tools such as LEAN 6S, Six Sigma, and will be a partner and change agent to drive and influence at all levels of the Site. This role reports to the General Manager and is a part of the Site Leadership Team.
Your Work will include:
- Providing oversight and guidance for the day-to-day production efforts of all operations across the plant site from Injection Molding of preforms through Blow Molding of bottles.
- Sponsoring and driving the ZERO Injury Safety culture across the operations team, proactively coaching, and initiating projects and actions supporting the Site initiatives.
- Leading staffing strategies with the HR Manager to meet needs in the production areas and providing strong leadership to direct reports which align to Site Core Values: Safety, Ethics, and Respect.
- Working closely with the Site Maintenance Manager to ensure that priorities and needs are aligned with respect to work orders, equipment reliability, resource needs, and participating in Site capital planning and strategy sessions.
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance Manager and QA Team to ensure that the quality systems are upheld to the highest standard and driving the continuous improvement culture and programs.
- Assessing and communicating production goals / efficiencies and needs to the Team Leaders as needed, and leading initiatives to meet and exceed targets and KPI’s.
- Working closely with the Site Customer Service Representative and Planner/Scheduler to ensure customer orders are met on time and gaps are resolved between scheduling needs and production capability.
- Working with the Blow Molding Technician Teams to ensure machine conversions and set ups are being completed efficiently with minimum downtime.
Who We are looking for:
The successful candidate will also bring the following skills, experience, and competencies to the role:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education / experience and training.
- Previous high-speed manufacturing experience of at least 5 years combined with a minimum of 3 years in a management / leadership role.
- Proven track-record of delivering results on short and long-term projects by demonstrating skills in planning, executing, and following through on tactical action items.
- Experience managing medium complexity capital projects and/or project management training.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude and demonstrated problem-solving skills. Willingness to stand at the machine face and provide direct support whether it be problem solving or supporting peers or direct reports.
- A proficient working knowledge of business operations including costs, QA systems and the core principals of operational excellence.
- Strong understanding of the core principles Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma and 6S Lean Manufacturing and hands on experience leading full cycle implementation of these practices and programs. Certification as a recognized practitioner in each is a plus.
- Refined interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence with ease in all situations including across and vertically both internally and externally with stakeholders, customers, and vendors. A collaborative work style that understands the role of coaching and leading both by example and at the team level.
- An Intermediate skill level using standard business applications in Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) as well as an ability to work with various manufacturing software systems.
- Our facility is a 24/7 operation, and the ability to work a flexible schedule to provide support in critical situations is essential.
Why join us?
We are a small and talented team that is part of a fast-growing North American enterprise that is focused on success through a culture of safety, service, creativity, and efficiency. We value our customers, and in in turn they respect our quality and professionalism and consider us a supplier of choice. We are a business that values a respectful workplace and our employee’s ability to maintain a strong work/life balance.
We offer extended health and dental benefits and company matched RRSP / DPSP program. Compensation for the role will be based on the successful candidate’s combination of skills and experience.
Our goal is to always build our team from the ground up. Many of our employees have been with the company for more than 20 years and are a key part of our continued success!
We look forward to hearing from applicants and we thank everyone for their time and interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.