Production Manager – Mebane, NCJuly 29, 2022 2022-07-29 13:00
The Production Manager oversees all production supervisors and the associated employees. Success in this position means providing effective direction to the production teams, ensuring efficient work scheduling, and collaborating with the technical support teams including maintenance, tooling, and engineering. This is a high energy position that requires strong manufacturing knowledge as well as strong leadership abilities to drive performance with positive influence. Key metrics include labor efficiency, attrition, scrap, training on time, and 5S scores.
- Lead shift supervisors and work cross functionally with maintenance, tool room personnel, mold setter, mold technician, and warehouse personnel
- Establish and maintain a clean/safe plant following 5S guidelines
- Work with the management team to develop an efficient production schedule given customer needs
- Support injection molding process development and application to optimize product quality and production standards.
- Collaborate on policies and procedures.
- Supervise record keeping/ documentation as required
- Direct and coordinate plant operations.
- Responsible for plant production goals.
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff by developing a documented training schedule and recognizing achievement.
- Responsible for establishing shift production schedules, both current and future additional shifts.
- Daily reports on safety, delivery, and equipment calculations.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Industrial Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum seven years of related manufacturing and supervisory experience.
- Experience in plastics operations and maintenance, preferred.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.