Senior Business Development Manager – Midwest USFebruary 6, 2023 2023-02-06 15:04
- Responsible for selling all Consumer Goods products in Precision Concepts’ portfolio.
- Creates sales strategies for new accounts aimed towards growing Precision Concepts share within the Consumer Goods market.
- Key customer identification:
- Work with internal stakeholders (Plant, Marketing, R&D and Sales) to define the right value proposition for different customers segments.
- Responsible to set face to face meetings and deliver sales presentations to introduce PCI and product portfolio, selling PCI’s product differentiation.
- Create connection and engagement post company introduction.
- Develop new accounts and sales volume.
- Identify account needs and key buying factors beyond purchasing.
- Implement the quotation, sampling and closing process for all new business.
- Develop and maintain the action plan for how accounts will achieve targets, identifying specific actions to improve earnings.
- Monitor market conditions and competitive intelligence in assigned territory to inform tactical and strategic business planning activities.
- Manage and achieve overall & consolidated business unit specific sales targets, account coverage and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Accountable for the monthly, quarterly, and annual results on the overall account or the specifically assigned growth territory (per the direction of the Sales Manager).
- Lead the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, and identifying a target for each solution element. Propose recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Develop and maintains detailed understanding of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior and organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, and competition)
- Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintains awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Work independently or with the plant team to follow-up on quotes and anticipate value creation and value capture opportunities.
- Take part in new business and launch planning meetings with operations, including department managers for production planners, purchasing, manufacturing, production, and quality.
- Stay current with new products, specifically with packaging industry and applications. Have an in-depth comprehension of company products, strengths, problem solving, capabilities, and general characteristics.
- Create and maintain CRM data and sales statistics as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Engineering, Project Management, Sales, and/or Marketing, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of manufacturing sales experience, preferable in plastics or rigid packaging
- Sufficient technical knowledge to understand the requirements of new business projects, packaging, and R&D
- Strong technical expertise in single stage PET manufacturing platforms and tooling.
- The ability to network within procurement organizations with ready access to managers, agents, and technical stakeholders.
- Proven experience on closing and growing rigid packaging businesses.
- Experience in the quotation, sampling and closing of new business.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and attention to detail.
- Strong customer relationship skills, exceptional analytical skills, relationship management qualities and leadership abilities.
- Ability to manage internal groups to achieve results. Capable of multi-tasking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Job Category: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midwest USA