Facility Technician – Prescott, AZNovember 1, 2023 2023-11-01 19:10
Essential Functions – Include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Respond to equipment issues, identify root cause and perform repair in a safe and efficient way.
- Interact with outside contractors when needed, obtain quotes and coordinate work to be done.
- Ability to recognize problems and develop solutions.
- Identify and perform preventive maintenance whenever relevant.
- Provide initial assessments on equipment maintenance and repair requirements to include necessary materials, providing leadership with recommendations.
- Manage workflow assignments to meet deliverables.
- Perform effective planning and execution of repair and maintenance activities.
- Manage projects and schedules for infrastructure installation and/or removal of systems.
- Attend staff meetings and safety meetings as required.
- Conducts physical inspections of the facility, grounds, premises, hallways, common areas, restrooms, noting anything that might need maintenance or repair.
- Able to conduct repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including painting, patching, minor electrical, furniture, walls, ceiling, plumbing, etc.
- Support continuous improvement projects.
- Support the mechanics team as needed.
- Moderate amount of travel.
- Skill in PC and Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with precision.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team.
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Proactive, solution driven.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Knowledgeable in mechanics, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, heating and cooling systems.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be physically active, be capable to lifting and carrying loads up to 50 lbs, sitting, standing, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Computer work required.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday – Day Shift.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in facility maintenance, repairs and mechanical work.
- Experience and knowledge of OHSA and city/state codes for compliance.
- Good working PC knowledge.
- Carry a company issued cell phone for afterhours emergencies.
- Able to work extended hours or overtime when required.