PET Process Engineering Manager – Lawrenceburg, INAugust 11, 2023 2023-08-11 12:36
The Process Engineer is responsible for the coordination and execution of process improvement projects within Precision Concepts’ PET plants in order to better meet the safety, efficiency, uptime and reliability goals for the company.
- Using key performance indicators, identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement in quality, uptime, waste, and product portfolio.
- Conduct equipment process capability studies. Develop action plans to address deficiencies in equipment capabilities to better align with customer requirements.
- Design, fabricate (through the use of internal and external resources), and install equipment retrofit/process improvement projects to improve uptime and quality as well as reduce waste.
- Prepare, submit, obtain approval, and implement assigned capital projects. Manage inside and outside resources for implementation of these projects to ensure completion on-time and within budget.
- Prepare and implement Installation and Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) protocols for new equipment installation validation.
- Provide technical expertise to production maintenance mechanics in daily activities and help troubleshoot problem areas.
- Provide technical input for the Preventive Maintenance program for all production equipment.
- Develop standard operating procedures for equipment and train equipment operators as needed.
- Act as team leader for cross functional improvement project teams.
- Provide technical expertise to production management for equipment evaluation and troubleshooting problem areas.
- Audit equipment vendors, construction services and engineering contractors and make recommendations regarding in-house or external work.
- Prepare equipment specification documents and lead negotiations for new equipment purchases.
- Provide input for annual capital budget preparation.
- Develop and maintain engineering drawings.
- Support manufacturing to ensure minimal equipment downtime.
- Oversee and manage the monthly project budget for the department.
- Track key departmental deliverables (downtime, OEE, TPM).
- Oversee and manage any assigned external facilities or maintenance contracts.
- Provide strong, positive leadership and supervision to ensure good morale, high productivity, and strong employee development.
- Assist in the development and execution of preventive and predictive maintenance systems for equipment.
- Develop alternate sources in addition to using OEM for parts.
- Assist with the development of the annual capital plan and manage the annual capital budget.
- Research and qualify external sources for the purchase and manufacture of external parts and services.
- Maintain external customer relationships, as needed.
- 4-year technical degree preferably in mechanical or manufacturing engineering with a specialization in process engineering, equipment design, and fabrication.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing setting with injection stretch blow molding specialization.
- Prior experience working closely with and/or leading maintenance technicians.
- Strong Project Management skills with experience in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Comfortable working the majority of the time on the production floor in a fast-paced manufacturing environment – this is not a full-time desk job.
- Demonstrated superior communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
- SMRP certification a plus.
- Strong Interpersonal skills – works well with others in different roles (equipment operators, maintenance technicians, external suppliers, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to personnel and process safety.
- Strong overall knowledge of equipment and new technology in industry to maintain production.
- Must be familiar with CMMS software.